Pages

Thursday 6 June 2013

My Experiments With Blogging

It was around the time I was in 10th standard that the idea of starting an own took my fancy. All the cool guys around seemed to have one and therefore I wanted one of my own. So with great gusto I started my very first blog. But the excitement didn't last too long and all I managed to write were two posts. The failure of my first blog didn't really deter me and by the time I was in 12th standard I had started around five to six blogs. Sadly none of them could do better than my first blog. I was starting to think that probably blogging was not my cup of tea and thought of giving up blogging for good. But then something unexpected happened. A blog of mine kind of took off. By took off I don't mean it was a huge success or something but it had regular posts and had a decent number of followers too. Well I guess at this point I ought to clarify that it was not really "my" blog. It was a class blog that my friends and I started together. Even though it was supposed to be a class blog it was really just 2 of us who were really active in the blog. So even that blog didn't last long which was a shame really because I honestly believed that the blog had future. Maybe if the others had shown some interest the blog might have had a longer run, though the contribution of my mediocre writing skills in bringing the blog to a premature end was no less.

Anyway, the class blog which we started was a good learning experience. For one, it taught me that others didn't really enjoy my writing as much as I did. But nothing hindered me from starting blogs most of which didn't even have a single post. One of those blogs was titled 'rhyme time' and had the tagline 'After all it is not a crime to rhyme'. The main principle of the blog was that all the posts must rhyme! Well the the blog never really took off because I didn't have the requisite skill to write articles which rhymed with one another, which was sad because I thought that it was a really novel venture. Maybe in the hands of some one more talented, the blog would have prospered and set a trend of some kind. Despite all the failures, my blogging journey continued and I kept starting new blogs, each more unsuccessful than the previous one. After the failure of what I believe was my 14th blog I was seriously pondering about my blogging future when I received an invitation from a good friend to write for his blog, and well so here I am typing yet another first post for my 15th blog....       

No comments:

Post a Comment