Pages

Sunday 26 May 2013

Happens... #1

One day...

My friend and I once found a cell phone lying on the ground, unnoticed. We noticed it only because it chose to ring when we were walking near it. So, I picked up the phone. Apart from the colour display, it had no resemblance to being a phone at all! Imagine picking up a mini predator's mouth (from the film the predator).
Just the mouth probably. Yeah. Perfect.
I picked it nevertheless and a tough time trying to locate the call history because it had four sim cards with absolutely no buttons. So, it was more of a probabilistic phone. This might be a very probably conversation between the phone's owner and a random guy.

Guy 1 : Hey, can I make a call?
Owner : Uh.. I guess so.

Guy 2 : Thanks... How do you press the number 9?
Owner : Try touching the bottom right portion of the phone, vertically but don't press it too hard or it might break, don't hold the phone firmly, do not eat too much before making a call,try standing in one feet for better results and also try to close one of your eyes. If you do all that, then, by Tchebycheff inequality, after the 126th try, you might have a probability of more than 0.378 that you press the number 9.

Eventually, I did find the call history just to find one of my friend's number in the list. I call him up using the cell phone and assuming that the context has been set, I ask him

Me : Deei.. Whose number is this?
The other guy : This is mine only. Why you asking?
Me : <stumped> No. I meant.. The number from which I'm calling. Whose number is that?
The other guy : Oh.. ok. This is John Doe's number. <Yeah, generic name used>
Me : Oh, John Doe ! Ok.

When I utter that, one of the guys I am walking with screams

"Oh, John Doe ! I know him very well. He is my friend. I even have his number. Wait.. I will call him up on his number and inform him about his lost phone ! "



Call his number and what? Talk to me?

There.. there..
Happens..

Kutta



No comments:

Post a Comment