Pages

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Philip Roth and Wikipedia

The American novelist Philip Roth found an error about an article in Wikipedia about his own book. He tried to edit it but Wikipedia wanted citations to confirm it. That's a sticky situation I would say.

Roth : "I'm the author of the book 'The Human Stain' and you see, those facts   there are wrong!"
Wikipedia :"Good. But, how do I believe you? Ha. Gotcha!"
Roth : "But.. "
Roth in hell, REJECTED ! Muhahahahaha!


Philip Roth would have been stumped by it. "Blurrrdeeeee fellows, not trusting my owns words about my book!" So, what does he do? He writes an open letter to Wikipedia, stating his situation and his inability to correct the mistake in the article  (which gets published in The New Yorker) :

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/books/2012/09/an-open-letter-to-wikipedia.html

And what does Wikipedia do?



Great!

kutta

No comments:

Post a Comment